Lead In Your Drinking Water. A Real Health Hazard
Recently there have been a few news stories on lead in Canadian municipal drinking water. In most municipalities the lead content in municipal water is not from the water treatment plant. The lead finds its way into the water supply from the plumbing in your home if it was built before 1955. It would be in the solder used to fit copper pipes as well as leaded-brass fixtures such as faucets and valves.
Health Canada recently reduced the acceptable lead content in water that can be ingested from 0.01 mg/L to 0.0005mg/L.
The best way to prevent water contamination in a home is to install a quality and certified water filtration system.
- Whole house water filtration system that protects all water sources from asbestos fibres, chlorine, iron deposits, bacteria and other larger particles and contaminants.
- Reverse Osmosis drinking water system that removes what the whole house system can not like heavy metals such as lead as well as pesticides, VOC’s, hospital waste, prescription drugs, etc.
Lead in drinking water can be a serious health issue.
Lead poisoning symptoms in children:
- Developmental delay
- Learning difficulties
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Sluggishness and fatigue
- Abdominal pain
- Hearing loss
Contact us today. We can help you address your drinking water concerns.