Your Pets Need Clean Water Too

City water can have a variety of pollutants that we usually don’t think about.  The water coming out of your tap may not be as clean as you think it is.  If you are drinking water from the tap or filling your pet’s water bowl then you and your pet may be ingesting impurities.

Generally, city water is treated at the municipal water treatment plant for bacteria.  However, for the most part the water that comes out of your tap is not filtered or treated for heavy metals, lead, VOC’s, pesticides, plasticizers, prescription drugs…and the list goes on.

In addition to the above pollutants, city water is treated with chlorine that when aerosolized even through the shower can negatively affect your digestive systems’ natural bacteria and flora.

Common allergic reactions to these impurities can lead to digestive issues, skin rashes, eye irritation, respiratory issues as well as more serious developmental and cognitive issues in the case of VOC’s and heavy metals such as lead.

Lead poisoning in dogs and cats is just as possible as in humans.  Symptoms that your pet may have lead poisoning are a lack of appetite, vision issues, digestive issues or abdominal pain.  General changes in mood or behaviour, anxiety and lethargy are also common.  Dogs can show symptoms of weakness, tremors even seizures.

Municipal water supply also has pharmaceutical waste such as anti-depressants and antibiotics.  This can affect our kids as well as dogs much quicker and in smaller doses than it can affect an adult.

The answer is a whole house water filtration system as well as an Reverse Osmosis (RO) Drinking water system.  This way all the impurities including the chlorine is removed.

Just pure clean water.

Spread the word

Frank Haverkate

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.